Rebate Apps Save Money on Your Groceries
What if you could save money when you already buy groceries just by taking a picture on your smartphone? That’s basically how these great rebate apps work! Here’s a quick rundown of the fun and easy process:
- Download a rebate app like Ibotta, Snap by Groupon or Shrink.
- Sign up for a free account or login with your Facebook account.
- Go grocery shopping (as you normally would).
- Make sure you save the receipt!
- Open up your rebate app and tag the products you purchased.
- Snap a picture of each applicable barcode and a picture of your receipt.
- That’s it! Money will be deposited directly into your bank account after you’ve reached $10 or $20, depending on rebate specifications.
Personally, I save around $.50 – $2.00 per product. So far, I have earned about $80 in combined rewards among all my rebate apps! That’s a nice savings for 2 minutes worth of work after each grocery trip!
Now, which apps do we recommend? Here are a few of our favorites available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store:
5 O’Clock Coffee Club loves to stack coupons. Therefore, keep these money saving tips in mind:
- Remember to check every rebate app on your smartphone before you go to the grocery store and after you checkout at the grocery store (sometimes you buy items on sale that weren’t on your list). Savings are just a few taps away!
- Remember to use all rebate apps! Each one has unique differences, but all work in a similar way. You can use all three on the same item! For example, organic green onions are on sale for $.99 from $1.50. All three apps are offering $.25 rebate on any green onions. By using all three on 1 item, the total cost of the organic green onions comes to $.24! That’s a savings of 85% when you start with the original store price of $1.50. Cha-Ching! Cha-Ching!
- Remember to use rebate apps with digital coupons, printable coupons, gift cards, etc!