Emma’s Plum-tastic Raspberry-Plum Tart
Score 100%Score 100%
Emma's Plum-tastic Raspberry-Plum Tart
Today’s recipe is from @maryjanesfarm magazine. Easy, fast, tasty. Easy to make with few ingredients and quick to bake in just 45 minutes. The Organic plums this year are sweet, juicy, and full of flavor. Perfectly paired with tart Organic raspberries and blackberries in this delicious summer treat. Great summer luncheon sweet! This recipe is a keeper!
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 3 T confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 2 T cold butter, cut into small pieces, divided
- 2-3 T heavy cream
- 2 T raw almonds, chopped
- 9 T sugar, divided
- 6 ripe plums, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 T milk
- Mix together flour, confectioners' sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut in 1/2 cup butter with two knives or a pastry cutter until the butter resembles small peas.
- Stir in cream until the dough just holds together.
- Shape dough into a ball, slightly flatten, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and flatten it into a circle.
- Roll dough out into a 12" circle; transfer to a lightly buttered tart or pie pan. Flute crust. Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a small bowl, stir together almonds and 1 T sugar; sprinkle over dough. Pile plums into the crust; scatter berries over top. Sprinkle with 6 T sugar and dot with remaining 2 T butter. Brush edges of crust with milk and sprinkle tart with remaining 2 T sugar.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned and fruit is bubbling. Immediately brush the fruit with warmed jam, thinned with water. Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes