Score 100%Score 100%
The source for today’s recipe is Country Living Magazine. Decadent, easy, and flavorful. Chocolate lovers, YUM!!! This is the ultimate in chewy, chocolate, indulgent, rich flavor! These cookies are easy to make and quick to bake after chilling dough for 1 hour. Hold up well, not crumbly. Great hostess gift! Perfect party pleaser! This recipe is a keeper!!
Yields: 48 cookies
- 1½ c. all-purpose flour
- ¾ c. Dutch-processed unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- ¾ c. dark brown sugar
- ¼ c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ c. milk-chocolate chips
- 1 c. confectioners' sugar
- Make the dough: Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside. Cream butter until smooth in a large bowl with an electric mixer set on medium speed. Add the sugars and beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly. Reduce mixer speed to medium low, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and mix until a soft dough forms. Add chocolate chips and mix to incorporate. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
- Bake the cookies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper and set aside. Place the confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl and set aside. Keeping dough well chilled, shape 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Roll the ball in the confectioners' sugar to coat generously -- do not shake off excess sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking pans. Bake until cookies have puffed and cracked and are slightly firm to the touch -- 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
The following critique of the Baked Goods submitted for evaluation on 1/26/16 to the Kefauver assessment panel were as follows:
A) The first choice item was the Grapefruit-Pecan Sheet Cake, which was moist with a compact consistency that gave the product a feel of fullness. It also had a delicious light sugary icing that, when chilled, gave a “I want more of this” taste. Excellent product!
B) The Double-Chocolate Snowquake cookie was #2 on my vote because of the deep thru chocolate consistently in the taste. My vote shows appreciation for good chocolate products.
C) The Banana-Blueberry Muffin was a very good product and a good consistent taste throughout.
D) The Sweet-Potato Poundcake was good and tasty but lacked a certain zing just slightly missing the full taste bud test, but a tasty product anyway.
Overall, the products were very good and delightful to taste and enjoy but the grapefruit cake took the top prize. Thank you for the privilege of enjoying your talents. The Kefauver Food Taste and Evaluation Group.