Today’s recipe is from Victoria July/August 2009 magazine. Easy, flavorful, and moist. Easy to make with few ingredients and quick to bake in just 30 minutes. Not overly sweet with only 1/2 cup sugar the peach flavor takes center stage. Buttermilk is the secret ingredient in the biscuit topping making this the best peach cobbler recipe ever! Every summer this peach cobbler is a favorite. The Organic peaches have been incredibly delicious this season. Great summer supper sweet! Perfect party pleaser! This recipe is a keeper!! And, yes, use Organic ingredients!
- 6 Large Peaches
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- For Biscuit Topping
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk (1/3 cup Milk + 1/3 Tbsp Vinegar)
- 3 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 3 Tbsp Softened Butter
- Preheat Oven to 425°. Grease 9x9” pan.
- Peel, Pit, Cut Peaches into thin wedges
- In a Large Bowl, Mix Peaches, Sugar, Cinnamon, Flour. Toss ‘til evenly coated.
- Pour into greased 9x9 pan. Bake 10 minutes.
- Mix Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt from Biscuit Topping in a Large Bowl.
- Whisk Buttermilk, Melted Butter, Vanilla into Dry Mix.
- Dot Softened Butter onto Peach Mix.
- Spoon Biscuit Topping over Peach Mix.
- Bake 18-20 Minutes.
- Turn Off Oven! Serve w/ Vanilla Ice Cream!
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Total time: 45 minutes